The King's (The Cathedral) School A GSG School
- The King's (The Cathedral) School
- Head: Darren Ayling
- T 01733 751541
- F 01733 751542
- E headteacher@ki…borough.sch.uk
- W www.kings.pete…borough.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 8 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Peterborough
- Pupils: 1,210
- Religion: Church of England
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 21st March 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 22nd November 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from The King's (The Cathedral) School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
One of only four state cathedral schools in the country. Founded in 1541 by Henry VIII with 12 students, it was originally housed in Peterborough Cathedral. Moved to its present location in the 1800s. An attractive building on a leafy street in a salubrious part of central Peterborough.
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking General Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking French at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Biology at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Biology at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Choir school - substantial scholarships and bursaries usually available for choristers.
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
The King's School does not have or operate any specialist SEN provision. We have a wide range of special needs in the School including SpLD, Asperger's Syndrome and children with a physical impairment.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.