Colyton Grammar School A GSG School
- Colyton Grammar School
- Head: Tim Harris
- T 01297 552327
- F 01297 553853
- E admin@colytong…r.devon.sch.uk
- W www.colytongra…r.devon.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Devon
- Pupils: 824
- Religion: None
- Open days: Please see Colyton website
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 30th November 2007
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 30th November 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Unusual, even revolutionary, in that pupils do two years at key stage 3 and two at GCSE, which leaves them with three for A level. Definitely a school for the all rounder. Huge value attached to extracurricular, which none the...
What the school says...
Colyton Grammar School is a small rural selective Academy serving local students from East Devon, West Dorset and South Somerset.
In the DfE National Performance Tables published in January 2013, the school was the top state or independent school at Key Stage 4 and 12th at Key Stage 5 (7th state). ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Physics at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematics at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Mathematics (Further) at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Design & Technology Resistant Materials at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide saysUnusual, even revolutionary, in that pupils do two years at key stage 3 and two at GCSE, which leaves them with three for A level. Definitely a school for the all rounder. Huge value attached to extracurricular, which none the less happens mainly in the long lunch hour, because of the scattered catchment (travel difficulties...
Since September 2016, Tim Harris, previously deputy head of Reading School. History degree from Newcastle and PGCE from Sussex; has previously held a range of posts in non-selective schools in the Berkshire area. He is married with a young son.
Unusual, even revolutionary, in that pupils currently do two years at key stage 3 and two at GCSE, which leaves them with three for A level - but this is changing from 2017. Most do four plus general studies; in...
Special Education Needs
The school is a Leading Edge and Trust School (South West Academic Trust) with a focus on Gifted and Talented has been described as outstanding by Ofsted. School has also successfully supported statemented, profoundly deaf children.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|