Colchester Royal Grammar School A GSG School
- Colchester Royal Grammar School
6 Lexden Road
- Head: Mr John Russell
- T 01206 509100
- F 01206 509101
- E email@example.com
- W www.crgs.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for boys aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Essex
- Pupils: 878
- Religion: Christian
- Fees: Boarding £8,100 - £11,400 pa; Day: free
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 8th November 2007
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 8th November 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from Colchester Royal Grammar School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
One of the very few state schools to offer Greek to A level - for a state school, an above average number go on to study classics at university. The uniform includes a vivid purple blazer (boys chose to retain the CRGS purple when a more sombre colour was suggested!)
What the school says...
Colchester Royal Grammar School is committed to providing a high quality education for its students and aims at excellence in all that it does. The school has been ranked the top school nationally for A level results in the DfE performance tables for the last eight years. We see academic success as a by-product of our ethos - we aim to send able, educated, considerate and confident young men and women out into the world to become tomorrow's future leaders. We therefore attach great importance to extracurricular activities and the personal development of our students. CRGS is a forward-looking school which embraces traditional values....Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Mathematics (Further) at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Chinese at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Latin at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Critical Thinking at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Latin at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Music Performance: Group at an English Grammar School (Grade 5 Music or Dance)
- Best performance by Boys taking Astronomy at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking Statistics at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking English Language at an English Grammar School (Cambridge International Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
- Best performance by Boys taking French at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State boarding school
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
A principal aim of this school is to help each pupil achieve the greatest all-round development and success, and to provide for his or her individual educational needs at each stage of his or her school career. The school's commitment to special needs is in keeping with this aim. As an academically selective school the school caters for the needs of the most able; this was acknowledged in the 2003 Ofsted report: " The school gives able students an excellent academic education and a wealth of other ways in which they can shine." The school is a specialist science college.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.