The Folkestone School for Girls A GSG School
- The Folkestone School for Girls
- T 01303 251125
- F 01303 258084
- E headteacher@fo…ls.kent.sch.uk
- W www.folkestone…ls.kent.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kent
- Pupils: 1100
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 10th December 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 18th March 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from The Folkestone School for Girls
What the Good Schools Guide says...
The other reason behind the great progress is a determination to ensure that all teaching is excellent. Teachers carry a lanyard around their neck with the school’s four tenets for outstanding lessons: engagement, challenge, independent learning, and feedback. ‘We have training sessions around those four things,’ says the head. A teacher...
What the school says...
Entrance tests set by local LEA (Maths, VR and non VR).
Converted to an academy 2012
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Psychology at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Physical Education / Sports Studies at an English Grammar School (GCSE Short Course)
- Best performance by Girls taking Dance at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.