Sevenoaks School A GSG School
- Sevenoaks School
- Head: Dr Katy Ricks
- T 01732 455133
- F 01732 456143
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.sevenoaksschool.org
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Kent
- Pupils: 1050
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: Day £20,763 - £23,571; Boarding £33,156 - £35,964 pa
- Open days: March, June, September/October
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
Sign up for extra content from Sevenoaks School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
Tough for any university not to be an anti-climax after Sevenoaks. Huge amounts of space, all the impressive facilities you'd expect including sports hall, pool, dance studio, indoor climbing wall et al. The usual sports are compulsory but range of super options includes trampolining, judo, yoga and fencing. Regarded as the top sailing school in the country and outstanding success in both......Read more
What the school says...
Sevenoaks School (HMC) is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school, set in 100 acres on the edge of Sevenoaks in Kent.
Founded in 1432, Sevenoaks provides academic excellence with a strong pastoral and co-curricular emphasis and a global dimension inspired by the International Baccalaureate. There are around 1000 pupils, including international students from over 30 countries and about 350 boarders. We are a selective school, and welcome enthusiastic pupils ready to get involved in all the opportunities we offer.
Sevenoaks has a reputation for exploring new ideas. We have taught the IB for 30 years and were the first HMC school to offer the IB Diploma Programme exclusively. Between 30 and 50 students accept places Oxford or Cambridge every year and an increasing number go to American universities.
There is a strong emphasis on the co-curriculum and pupils are also involved in community service....Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Physics at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Boys taking Mathematical Studies at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematical Studies at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Boys taking Geography at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Boys taking Economics at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Independent School (IBO Higher level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Independent School (IBO Higher level component)
- Best performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Independent School (IBO Higher level component)
- Best performance by Boys taking Design & Technology at an English Independent School (IBO Higher level component)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
The school believes that the community is enriched by its ability to attract a variety of pupils, with varied talents and backgrounds. Being an academically selective school, we aim to attract applicants of high academic ability who are willing to be involved in the wider life of the school. The school is only able to admit those for whom the school’s resources, reasonably adjusted where appropriate, would be able to secure academic success and educational fulfilment. Parents are encouraged informally to discuss the feasibility of their child attending Sevenoaks with the Director of Admissions, the Sixth Form Registrar or the Pastoral Deputy Head. 10-09
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.