Dallam School A GSG School
- Dallam School
- Head: Mr William Bancroft
- T 015395 65165
- F 01539 563913
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.dallam.eu
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Cumbria
- Pupils: 969
- Religion: None
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 1st May 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th January 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
“Five years ago Dallam was a good school which since then has just got better and better...” so says a parent with three happy and successful children at the school. The school’s status as an IB World School, alongside the...
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Visual Arts at an English Comprehensive School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Other Languages at an English Comprehensive School (IBO Higher level component)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
State boarding school
What The Good Schools Guide says“Five years ago Dallam was a good school which since then has just got better and better...” so says a parent with three happy and successful children at the school. The school’s status as an IB World School, alongside the opportunity for boarding, means that students within this rural Cumbrian community meet other young people from all around the world. With the Lake District on their doorstep you can get all three seasons in one day here, which is a bit of a shock for some of the overseas students used to warmer climes.
Since 2013, Mr William Bancroft, 50s, previously head of Settle College. Has a BA in history, though no longer teaches, plus PGCE, postgrad diploma and NPQH; currently chair of the South Lakes Federation of Schools. Warm and welcoming, nothing brash about the...