- Marling School
- T 01453 762251
- F 01453 756011
- E admissions@mar….gloucs.sch.uk
- W www.marling.gloucs.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for boys aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Gloucestershire
- Pupils: 848
- Religion: None
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Marling School is an 11-18 selective boy's grammar school, set in the cotswold town of Stroud.
The official motto of the School is 'Abeunt Studia in Mores' which may be freely translated as 'Let us go forward through study to character'.
The School's second motto, carved over the main entrance, is 'Nulli Praeda Sumus' translated as 'We are no-one's prey' or more freely 'No one shall take advantage of us'. This reflects our main justification for selection, since the School has a long history of preparing young men of modest social background so that they are able to achieve at the highest level.
We combine the spirit of these two mottos in our vision for the school which is that Marling boys should learn to be independent thinkers who take responsibility for their learning and their success, who believe in freedom and equality and join society as men of principles taking an interest in the world around them.
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Marling School
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Good Schools Guide Awards
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Grammar School for Boys taking Additional mathematics FSMQ (Free standing Maths Qual Level 3)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Grammar School for Boys taking Psychology (GCSE)
State Grammar School
Subscribe now for instant access
For instant access to available data including catchment area maps and a host of other benefits, please purchase a subscription to the Good Schools Guide.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular monthly newsletter