The Cotswold Academy A GSG School
- The Cotswold Academy
- Head: Mr Will Morgan
- T 01451 820554
- F 01451 810658
- E admin@thecotsw…ldschool.co.uk
- W www.cotswold.gloucs.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Gloucestershire
- Pupils: 1259
- Religion: None
- Open days: October 2016 for Main School; November 2016 for Sixth Form Open Evening
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 19th March 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 5th June 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the Good Schools Guide says..
The complete Cotswold spectrum, socially, from the landed to the dispossessed. Does this lead to stratification at school? Cliques? No, say the students, but we didn’t take no for an answer and drilled down. And, d’you know, they’re right. It...
What the school says...
Highly popular, happy and successful, The Cotswold School consistently appears amongst the country's top state schools at both GCSE and A Level. Judged 'Outstanding' across all categories by Ofsted (2015), The Cotswold School is The Sunday Times' Comprehensive School of the Year 2015/16 and is ranked in The Sunday Times Top 20 Comprehensives in England and Wales. In the Daily Telegraph’s League Table, with 71.4% of grades at A*, A or B, The Cotswold School’s Sixth Form ranks as the top comprehensive in Gloucestershire, and 14th in England, Wales and N. Ireland. The school is known for its highly effective preparation for University education, curriculum enrichment programme and flourishing facilities. ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Science (Core) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Additional Science at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Science (Core) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
What The Good Schools Guide saysThe complete Cotswold spectrum, socially, from the landed to the dispossessed. Does this lead to stratification at school? Cliques? No, say the students, but we didn’t take no for an answer and drilled down. And, d’you know, they’re right. It turns out that the school really is what it sets out to be: socially, a level playing field. The school wants, said a parent, 'everyone to be busy, to try new things, never to miss out”, especially the less confident and those from deprived homes...
Principal since 2011, Will Morgan BSc (Econ) NPQH and Ofsted inspector. Born in Wales, the lilt lingers. Born to teach, too, something that strikes you at once, in his case vocation being not so much innate as congenital, for his father was a teacher also. Has been at The Cotswold since...