Watford Grammar School for Boys A GSG School
- Watford Grammar School for Boys
- Head: Mr Cooksey
- T 01923 208900
- F 01923 208901
- E brownc@watford…s.herts.sch.uk
- W www.watfordboys.org
- A mainstream state school for boys aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 1,327
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th September 2006
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th September 2006
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from Watford Grammar School for Boys
What the Good Schools Guide says...
Very popular, high-performing, partially-selective school with a grammar school ethos. Boys work and play hard with results to match. Sports high profile here, particularly rugby, cricket and hockey. 'We're the best state school in the country for hockey'. The intake is undoubtedly skewed in favour of the top of the ability range, but since nearly everyone gets at least five good GCSEs, those who are less academic are evidently......Read more
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking German at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Cambridge Pre-U - an alternative to A levels, with all exams at the end of the two-year course.
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.