Bourne Grammar School A GSG School
- Bourne Grammar School
- Head: Mr Maddox
- T 01778 422288
- F 01778 394872
- E admissions@bou…r.lincs.sch.uk
- W www.bourne-gra…r.lincs.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lincolnshire
- Pupils: 1,323
- Religion: Christian
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd June 2008
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 6th March 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from Bourne Grammar School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
We got the impression of a well-disciplined school and parents backed this up. Pupils well behaved in class and around the school. Most look smart too...
What the school says...
11+ entrance examinations consist of: 1 VR test and 1 NVR test.
Converted to an academy 2012.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Computer Studies / Computing at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking French at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Performing Arts Teaching / Training at an English Grammar School (VRQ Level 1)
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
The school has one SENCO and no learning support assistants. Any students who have special needs are seen by the SENCO on a regular basis and all teaching staff are informed about these students with copies of their IEP's if applicable.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.