- Itchen College
- T 023 8043 5636
- F 023 8042 1911
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.itchen.ac.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 16 to 99
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Southampton
- Pupils: 1313
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Itchen College is a successful open access Sixth Form College with a high regard for its students. Offering over 40 level 3 courses and a substantial level 2 programme, Itchen achieves superb results across the board - in 2004, over 70 courses across the curriculum recorded 100% pass rates and A-B grade pass rate at A level of 42.9%. The Chief Ofsted Inspector, David Bell, described Itchen as being 'particularly successful' in his 2004 national report.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Itchen College
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Good Schools Guide Awards
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Comprehensive School for Boys taking Chinese (GCE AS level)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Comprehensive School for Girls taking Travel & tourism (Applied GCE A level Double Award)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English School for Girls taking Fine art (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
Subscribe now for instant access
For instant access to available data including catchment area maps and a host of other benefits, please purchase a subscription to the Good Schools Guide.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
Itchen College's SEN provision is tailored to each individual learner - we do not run separate courses. The data shown below shows the kinds of special needs which we can deal with or have experience of. If we show that we can deal with a need suitable provision is available. All students are screened on admission to ensure that relevant support is available to all our students.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|BESD - Behaviour, Emotional and Social Difficulty|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular monthly newsletter