Monteagle Primary School
- Monteagle Primary School
- T 020 8270 4613
- F 020 8270 4615
- E office@monteag…rdaglea.org.uk
- W www.monteagle.…rdaglea.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 3 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Barking & Dagenham
- Pupils: 615
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Current Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 30th January 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 6th July 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Appeared centre stage in 2007 Channel 4 programme, 'Lost for words'. School had very low levels of literacy and numeracy. Introduced disciplined, daily programme of synthetic phonics with considerable success. Children who thought they would never read, and had thus far failed to do so, glowed with pride as they mastered the basics. By end of the year all children had improved and registered a reading age, including those with SEN. More information at www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/L/lost_for_words/monteagle_1.html
Barking and Dagenham Poetry Competition winners 2007.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Monteagle Primary School
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access
For instant access to available data including catchment area maps and a host of other benefits, please purchase a subscription to the Good Schools Guide.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular monthly newsletter