Section Internationale Anglophone du Buc (SIAB)
- E sectioninterna…-versailles.fr
- Memberships: British Option OIB, S and ES streams onlyFor any further info contact Association PSAB (parents' association)c/o Lycée Franco-AllemandRue Collin MametBUCIle-de-France78530
- State/Independent: State (US translation: public)
- Lower School Ages: 8-10
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 35 students located in Louis Blériot Primary School, Buc, or Les 40 Arpents Primary School in Voisins-le-Bretonneux
- Middle School Ages: 11-15
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Numbers: 80 students in Collège Martin Luther King
- Senior School Ages: 16-18
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: 40 students in the Lycée Franco-Allemand, Buc (which also has a German Section).
- Teaching Language: French and English
- SEN: Unknown
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: No
French Diplôme National de Brevet - The Brevet is an exam taken at age 16, and is the same test whether taken in France or anywhere else in the world. It's offered at Lycees, and in the French sections of some schools, and is aimed at students who leave school at 16 so they have some sort of certificate. A Lycee gives it as an end-of-year exam for students who are going on to study for either the academically rigorous Bac or, in France, attending a technical high school.
French National Curriculum - From La Maternelle to Lycee, and Brevet to Bac, find a detailed description on the French National Curriculum under The French School System: Explained in All Its Gloire.
OIB (Option Internationale du Baccalaur
French Ministry of Education
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.