Maternelle: 5, rue de Lûbeck
- T 33 01 40 70 12 81
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.eurecole.com
- Memberships: One class in the maternelle is sous contrat; the rest of the school is recorded as "hors contrat" ie outside the scope of Ministry of Education oversight as to delivery of the French National CurriculumELSA
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 3-10
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 250
- Middle School Ages: 11-15
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Teaching Language: French mostly. Immersion programme for non-French speakers.
- SEN: Unknown
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: No
Adapted or School-Developed Curriculum
French Diplôme National de Brevet - The Brevet is an exam taken at age 16, and is the same test whether taken in France or anywhere else in the world. It's offered at Lycees, and in the French sections of some schools, and is aimed at students who leave school at 16 so they have some sort of certificate. A Lycee gives it as an end-of-year exam for students who are going on to study for either the academically rigorous Bac or, in France, attending a technical high school.
French National Curriculum - From La Maternelle to Lycee, and Brevet to Bac, find a detailed description on the French National Curriculum under The French School System: Explained in All Its Gloire.
Hors Contrat - Hors Contrat: A small minority of private schools prefer complete autonomy as to teacher recruitment & qualifications, programmes taught, teaching methods, school calendar, religious instruction. Hors contrat private schools receive no budget from the state and therefore their fees will tend to be higher. Teachers do not have to be state-certified. Switching out of a 'hors contrat' school will often require an exam to check your child is up to speed with the French national curriculum. Periodic inspections from Ministry of Education relate to basic health & safety standards, questions of public order, and coverage of a number of 'mandatory subjects' from the national curriculum only.