Centre Actif Bilingue (CAB) Fontainebleau
- Centre Actif Bilingue (CAB) Fontainebleau
38 bld Foch
- T 33 01 64221340
- F 33 01 64 22 42 89
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.ecole-cab.com
- Memberships: Hors Contrat Kindergarten and Primary SchoolTeaching methods based on Freinet, Decroly and MontessoriGovernance: school is run by the parents guided by Administrative Council made up of elected parents
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 3-10
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 130
- Teaching Language: English and French. Possibility to take up a 2nd foreign language (German) from 4 yrs old.
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: No
Adapted or School-Developed Curriculum
French National Curriculum - From La Maternelle to Lycee, and Brevet to Bac, find a detailed description on the French National Curriculum under The French School System: Explained in All Its Gloire.
Hors Contrat - Hors Contrat: A small minority of private schools prefer complete autonomy as to teacher recruitment & qualifications, programmes taught, teaching methods, school calendar, religious instruction. Hors contrat private schools receive no budget from the state and therefore their fees will tend to be higher. Teachers do not have to be state-certified. Switching out of a 'hors contrat' school will often require an exam to check your child is up to speed with the French national curriculum. Periodic inspections from Ministry of Education relate to basic health & safety standards, questions of public order, and coverage of a number of 'mandatory subjects' from the national curriculum only.