American Creativity Academy (Kuwait)
- American Creativity Academy (Kuwait)
Boys' Campus: Sharhabil Street, Block 9
Girls' Campus: Al Muthana Street, Block 6
- T (965) 2267 3333
- F (965) 2261 3483
- E email@example.com
- W www.aca.edu.kw
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 3-10
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: Approx.550 in Kindergarten; 2,200 pupils total K-year 12.
- Middle School Ages: 11-13
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Numbers: Kindergarten - year 12; 2,200 pupils total.
- Senior School Ages: 14-18
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: Kindergarten - year 12; 2,200 pupils total.
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- Religion: Non-denominational
American High School Diploma (College Preparatory)
International Baccalaureate (Diploma) - Schools offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Dip) prepare students for university entrance by following the IB programme over the final two years of high school. This involves taking six subjects (three at higher level and three at standard level). Assessment is based on a combination of final examinations and course work that are evaluated by external examiners worldwide, and (in some cases for coursework) by internal assessment. IB examinations for each subject are held on the same days for all students worldwide - in May in the Northern Hemisphere and in October in the case of most Southern Hemisphere schools. Each subject is scored from 1-7, and up to 3 additional points may be awarded for TOK (Theory of Knowledge) essays and for the Extended Essay. A minimum of 24 points is required to obtain the IB diploma, while 45 points is the maximum. A school that has 35 diploma candidates in a given year, out of which 32 passed, has a pass rate of 91%. You can judge the results for yourself by knowing that the world average pass rate is approximately 82%. (Pupils may also opt to take certificates in the individual subject areas, though these on their own may be insufficient for university entry.)
Council of International Schools (CIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSACS or MSA) - Although definitely one of the six regional agencies authorised by the US Department of Education (which usually have ACS or CAS at the end of their acronym), this one usually goes by MSA (Middle States Association), or CSS-MSA (Commission on Secondary Schools- Middle States Association).