Anglo-American School of Moscow
- Anglo-American School of Moscow
(If mailing from overseas): The Anglo-American School
c/o The American Embassy
- T +7 495 231 4488
- F +7 495 231 4476
- E email@example.com
- W www.aas.ru
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 4-10
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 1,253 students ages 4 - 18 (Prekindergarten through Grade 12).
- Middle School Ages: 11-13
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Numbers: 1,253 students ages 4 - 18 (Prekindergarten through Grade 12).
- Senior School Ages: 14-18
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: 1,253 students ages 4 - 18 (Prekindergarten through Grade 12).
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: No
International Baccalaureate (Diploma) - Schools offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Dip) prepare students for university entrance by following the IB programme over the final two years of high school. This involves taking six subjects (three at higher level and three at standard level). Assessment is based on a combination of final examinations and course work that are evaluated by external examiners worldwide, and (in some cases for coursework) by internal assessment. IB examinations for each subject are held on the same days for all students worldwide - in May in the Northern Hemisphere and in October in the case of most Southern Hemisphere schools. Each subject is scored from 1-7, and up to 3 additional points may be awarded for TOK (Theory of Knowledge) essays and for the Extended Essay. A minimum of 24 points is required to obtain the IB diploma, while 45 points is the maximum. A school that has 35 diploma candidates in a given year, out of which 32 passed, has a pass rate of 91%. You can judge the results for yourself by knowing that the world average pass rate is approximately 82%. (Pupils may also opt to take certificates in the individual subject areas, though these on their own may be insufficient for university entry.)
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP)