British School of Houston
Independent: privately owned (individual/corporation) school in USA
- Mailing address:
British School of Houston
4211 Watonga Blvd
- T +1 713 290 9025
- F +1 713 290 9014
- E [email protected]…tishschool.org
- W www.britishschool.org
- Lower School Ages: 3-7
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 135 boys and girls
- Middle School Ages: 7-11
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Numbers: 200 boys and girls
- Senior School Ages: 11-18
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: 239 boys and girls
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- School Year: Early September - Early July, 3 terms. Holidays; 1 week for Autumn Half Term (October), 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week for Spring Half Term (February), 2 weeks at Easter, 1 week for Summer Half Term (May) plus; 2 days for Thanksgiving (November), Teacher training day (November), Martin Luther King Day (January) and Teacher training day (February).
- School Hours: Childen may be dropped at school from 8.00am onwards. Nursery, Reception, Year 1 & Year 2; 8.45am - 3.15pm. Year 3 - Year 6; 8.45am - 3.20pm. Year 7 - Year 13; 8.20am - 3.30pm. After School Care; 3.30pm - 6.00pm
- Fee Currency: US $
- Fee Details: Tuition fees invoiced half yearly;payable in June and December. Nursery (5 mornings per week): $8,955 per year. Nursery full day (3 days): $10,580 per year. Full time Nursery to Year 6: $16,275 per year. Year 7 to Year 11: $17,775 per year. International Baccalaureate Programme Years 12 & 13: $19,775
- Fee Extras: One time only Registration fee (non-refundable): $150. One time only deposit (refundable after first year if one full term's notice is received in writing):$1,000. One time only Development Levy (non-refundable): $2,000. After school care: $500 per term or $15 per day. Bus routes are available Optional Hot Lunches: $3.00 - $3.50 per day and $0.50 per extra item.
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Memberships: Member: European Council for International Schools (ECIS)Member: Council of International Schools in the Americas (CIS). IPC (integrated Dutch programme) accredited and supported by Stichting NOB (Nederlands onderwijs in het buitebland).
- State/Independent: Independent: privately owned (individual/corporation)
- IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education)
- International Baccalaureate (Diploma)
- International Primary Curriculum
- National Curriculum for England
- Authorised by International Baccalaureate Organization (not to be confused as an inspection or accreditation agency)
No school can pay to be in
The Good Schools Guide International. Period.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.