Independent: privately owned (individual/corporation) school in USA
- Mailing address:
14120 Memorial Drive
- T +1 281 531 6088
- F +1 281 531 6097
- E [email protected]
- W www.yorkshire-academy.com
- Lower School Ages: 5-11
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: Preschool: 100 Lower School: 118
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- School Year: Late August - late May, 2 semesters. Holidays; 1 week at Thanksgiving, 2 and a half weeks at Christmas, 1 week in March for Spring break/Easter plus; Labor day (September), Columbus day (October), President's day (February) and Memorial day (May)
- School Hours: Mother's Day Out & Preschool program; 9.00am - 12.00pm. Half day Pre-K; 8.30am - 12.00pm. Full day Pre-K; 8.30am - 2.30pm. Kindergarten - 5th grade; 8.00am - 2.45pm. Lunch bunch; 12.00pm - 2.30pm. Before school care; 7.00am - 9.00am. After school care; 2.30pm - 6.00pm .
- Fee Currency: US Dollars
- Fee Details: Fees are paid in 10 equal payments starting in July and ending in April. 2-day Mother's Day Out (18 months - 2); $2,700 per year. 3-day Mother's Day Out (18 months - 2); $3,490 per year. 5-day Mother's Day Out (18 months - 2); $5,620 per year. 2-day Preschool program (3); $2,360 per year. 3-day Preschool program (3); $3,320 per year. 5-day Preschool program (3); $5,340 per year. 3-day Pre-K (4) Full days; $5,450 per year. 5-day Pre-K (4) half days; $5,710 per year. 5-day Pre-K (4) full days; $8,080 per year. Kindergarten - 2nd Grade; $9,490 per year. 3rd grade - 5th Grade; $10,030 per year.
- Fee Extras: Registration fee; $250. Supply/evaluation fee (18 months - 3); $150. Textbook, Art & Computer fee (4); $250. Textbook, art,computer & evaluation fee (Kindergarten - 5th grade); $275. Individual evaluation fee (pre-K students only); $175. New student admission fee; $100. Building & maintenance fee (per family); $400. Before school care; $100 per month. After school care; $250 per month. Lunch bunch; $20 per day. 2-day lunch bunch; $1,300 per year. 3-day lunch bunch; $1,500 per year. 5-day lunch bunch; $2,000 per year.
- Memberships: Certified member of the Texas Association of Gifted and Talented (TAGT), the Houston Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- State/Independent: Independent: privately owned (individual/corporation)
- Adapted or School-Developed Curriculum
- TAAPS (Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools)
No school can pay to be in
The Good Schools Guide International. Period.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.