- Mailing address:
5917 Telegraph Road
- T 1 703 960-3000
- F 1 703 960-7325
- W www.browneacademy.org
- Memberships: Browne Academy received its first formal accreditation in 1978 from the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).It is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE) and the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 3-10
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 300 students in Preschool (age 3) through grade eight.
- Middle School Ages: 10-14
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Numbers: 300 students in Preschool (age 3) through grade eight.
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: Unknown
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- Religion: Non-denominational
American Elementary (or Primary) Curriculum - Although the elementary level US curriculum varies from state to state, it generally encompasses basic subjects with a heavy emphasis on reading, writing and arithmetic. Includes to different degrees ((usually dictated by the state or school board) instruction in the fundamentals of English (spelling, grammar, writing, reading), social studies ( including local, state, national and world history, civics), science (biology, physical science, ecology, physiology), maths (arithmetic, rudimentary algebra), physical education, fine arts etc.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.