Columbia Grammar and Prep School
- Columbia Grammar and Prep School
5 West 93rd Street
- T +1 212 749 6200
- F +1 212 865 4278
- W www.cgps.org
- Memberships: New York State Association of Independent Schools, ISAAGNY, National Association of Independent Schools.
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 4-9
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 1,220 students, Grades K through 12.
- Middle School Ages: 10-12
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Ages: 13-17
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: No
- Religion: Non-denominational
American Elementary (or Primary) Curriculum - Although the elementary level US curriculum varies from state to state, it generally encompasses basic subjects with a heavy emphasis on reading, writing and arithmetic. Includes to different degrees ((usually dictated by the state or school board) instruction in the fundamentals of English (spelling, grammar, writing, reading), social studies ( including local, state, national and world history, civics), science (biology, physical science, ecology, physiology), maths (arithmetic, rudimentary algebra), physical education, fine arts etc.
American High School Diploma (College Preparatory)