Stamford American School
Stamford American International School is an accredited co-ed school in Kowloon, Hong Kong for students ages 5 through 18 that offers IBPYP, IBMYP, IB Diploma and numerous AP courses.
- Stamford American School
25 Man Fuk Road
Ho Man Tin
- Mailing address:
Stamford American School
4005-4007, Level 40
Two Exchange Square
8 Connaught Place
- T +852 3467 4500
- E [email protected]
- W www.sais.edu.hk
- Lower School Ages: 5-11
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Ages: 11-18
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- School Year: August to June. School holidays follow Hong Kong public holidays plus traditional Christmas (Winter), Easter (Spring) and summer breaks.
- School Hours: 7.45am to 2.45pm
- Fee Currency: Hong Kong Dollars
- Fee Details: Pre-Primary - Grade 5: HK$170,700 Grade 6 - Grade 8: $187,400 All children must be covered by a Capital Levy or Debenture. Capital Levy (Option A): HK$150,000 (Valid for the student's duration at Stamford, payable upon acceptance.) Capital Levy (Option B): HK$30,000 (to be paid each academic year). Individual Debenture: HK$500,000. Priority admission, valid for 8 years. Refundable on a sliding scale during its validity period. Platinum Corporate Debenture: HK$5,000,000 Standard Plus Corporate Debenture: HK$3,000,000 Standard Corporate Debenture: HK$2,000,000 (These corporate debentures confer the highest priority in admissions and for transfer to other Cognita schools in Asia.) Debenture nominees are exempt from the mandatory capital levy.
- Fee Extras: Resources such as technology, field studies, transportation, school meals are extra, as are EAL and learning support (assessed on an individual basis).
- Religion: Anglican
- Memberships: Part of the Cognita group. Stamford American School has applied for International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme candidacy and will seek authorization for the school’s first graduating cohort.
- State/Independent: Independent: privately owned (individual/corporation)
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Adapted or School-Developed Curriculum at the Primary Level
- American High School Diploma (College Preparatory)
- International Baccalaureate- Diploma (candidate)
- International Baccalaureate- MYP (candidate)
- International Baccalaureate- PYP (candidate)
- None (school may be licensed, or may be "inspected" by its own owner, but it is not independently accredited or inspected by recognised agency or organisation)