- Abbey Hill Academy
- Head: Mrs Rebecca Whelan
- T 01642 677113
- F 01642 679198
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.horizonstrust.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Stockton-on-Tees
- Pupils: 297
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 25th June 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 6th October 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Abbey Hill Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Science: Single Award at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
Special Education Needs
Abbey Hill provides for students aged 11 to 19 most of whom have a statement of special educational needs. It is accommodated within modern, purpose built facilities. The school population contains young people with profound and multiple handicaps, developmentally young, severe and moderate learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. Additionally some students come from local secondary schools during a period of anxiety in their lives. The school operates five major curriculum models which are constructed around the National Curriculum and which also retain those features of a special school which are distinctive. Attainment levels on entry are determined by KS2 SATS, NC levels and PIVATS. We are recognised as a centre of excellence in our provision for students with autistic spectrum disorder. In November 2004 we were awarded the much coveted National Autistic Society accreditation to add to our existing Specialist School and Leading Edge School status. In summary, we believe that we are able to provide an education which meets the needs of all of our students in a modern, well designed setting. Our motto "Excellence is our Standard" has been endorsed by our Ofsted inspection report of October 2005 which described Abbey Hill as "a good school with many outstanding features".
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.