- Abbey Hill School and Performing Arts College
- Head: Mr Ricky Porter
- T 01782 882882
- F 01782 234729
- W www.abbeyhill.stoke.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Stoke-on-Trent
- Pupils: 253
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 5th February 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 16th June 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
School caters for students with moderate global learning difficulties but specialising in autism/asd. Students usually have speech & language needs, minor sensory or physical needs, emotional and or behavioural needs. In addition the assessment nursery and reception classes can cater for children with a wide range of needs (these children may move to an appropriate school between the ages of 5 & 7). ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Abbey Hill School and Performing Arts College
Please login to post a comment.
Performing arts specialist school
Special Education Needs
School caters for students with moderate global learning difficulties but specialising in autism/asd. Students usually have associated needs such as speech and language needs, minor sensory or physical needs, emotional and or behavioural needs. In addition the assessment nursery and reception classes can cater for children with a wider range of needs (these children may move to an appropriate school between the ages of 5 and 7).
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.