- Abbeyfield School
- Head: Mrs Claire Morrell
- T 01604 763616
- F 01604 765036
- E email@example.com
- W www.abbeyfieldschool.org.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Northamptonshire
- Pupils: 1285
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 12th May 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 3rd July 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2012
What the parents say...
No comments received for Abbeyfield School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Drama & Theatre Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Business Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
- Best performance by Girls taking Tourism at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Hair / Personal Care at an English Comprehensive School (Principal Learning (Diploma) - Level 2)
Special Education Needs
We have a large Education Support Department with 2 teachers, 1 associate teacher and 28 Teaching assistants. We currently have approximately 270 students on the special needs register and cater for 40 students with widely varying Statements of Special Educational Need. Their primary needs include autism, cerebal palsy, hearing impairment, mild and moderate learning difficulties, specific learning difficulties and behavioural, social and emotional difficulties. We have a growing population of students across all year groups who have English as an Additional language, with many languages being spoken by both students and staff.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.