- Addington School
- Head: Mrs Sara Attra
- T 0118 966 9073
- F 01189 272480
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wokingham
- Pupils: 205
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 3rd July 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 14th March 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Addington School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Addington is a special school catering for pupils with moderate, severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties. In addition pupils may have complex needs including autistic spectrum disorders and physical difficulties. Pupils have access to various therapies as appropriate, these include: speech and language therapy, physiotherapy and occupational therapy. The wheelchair clinic, eye clinics, and school dental service operate on the school premises from time to time. The school has a teacher qualified in multi-sensory impairment and links with Clinical Psychology Service, Social Services, community nurses and other medically related support services. The school is involved in outreach work and inclusion initiatives. Addington holds a number of awards including Artsmark silver and Investors in People status. All pupils admitted to the school have a statement of special educational needs for learning disabilities, pupils are usually accepted throughout the year, as and when their statements are completed. Prospective parents are welcome to visit the school. Pupils under 5 attend part-time and there is some provision for children under 3.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.