- Aegir - A Specialist Academy
- Head: Gary Nixon FRSA
- T 01427 619360
- F 01427 619369
- E enquiries@gainsbo…ation.lincs.sch.uk
- W www.mayflowers…tschools.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lincolnshire
- Pupils: 114
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 15th May 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 9th March 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The school caters for a range of special needs including: Asperger syndrome, Autism, Autism spectrum, Hearing impairment, High functioning autism, Moderate learning disabilities, Physical disability, Profound and multiple learning disabilities, Severe learning disabilities
What the parents say...
No comments received for Aegir - A Specialist Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
A special school for pupils aged 3 to 16 we cater for children with general learning difficulties with specialist provision for pupils with autistic spectrum disorders. We also cater for children with speech and language disorders.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.