Astor College (A Specialist College for the Arts)
- Astor College (A Specialist College for the Arts)
- Head: Mr Christopher J Russell Ba (Hons) Pgce Npqh
- T 01304 201151
- F 01304 225170
- E [email protected]
- W www.astor-college.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kent
- Pupils: 899
- Religion: Does not apply
- Open days: Please contact us to arrange a visit.
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th September 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 27th March 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
'Astor College is a good school with a good Sixth Form and many features are now outstanding. Ofsted.
We are a friendly, caring and successful College, that strives to enable all of our students to achieve their very best. We: provide a safe, caring and friendly environment, where all students can take pride in their work and be valued as individuals; promote real opportunities and experiences for students to find enjoyment and pleasure in their learning; encourage good relationships, respect for others and the importance of good manners; champion academic excellence and work to ensure all students have the opportunity to follow the most appropriate qualification for them as individuals.
We endeavour to provide our students with the skills to become well rounded adults, who are able to make valuable and worthwhile contributions to society and play a positive role in their own families, work and at leisure.
Astor College is an integral member of The Dover Federation for the Arts Multi Academy Trust. An exciting and vibrant community, whose combined expertise and resources offer the very best opportunities and experiences for our young people. We know that our students will only fulfil their potential in an environment where they are happy, motivated and inspired to achieve.
Our students happiness is of paramount importance. At Astor, we place great emphasis on the smooth transition from primary to secondary school and have strong links with primary schools enabling us to welcome Year 7 to our cimmunity. We are proud of our whole College community spirit and value its influence on the emotional wellbeing of our students. Our strong pastoral support highlights our commitment to our students as individuals, with each child having a dedicated team of professionals who work alongside them throughout their time with us. These include Personal Tutors, Attendance officer support, Director of Year, Directors of Departments, Pastoral Manager and a full time First Aider. Ofsted reported, 'The outstanding care, guidance and support provided contribute significantly to students' confidence, self-esteem and good behaviour.'
Mr Ed Pallant - Principal ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Astor College (A Specialist College for the Arts)
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking English Literature at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available