- Balby Carr Community Academy
- Head: Mr Tom Ashley
- T 01302 312140
- F 0845 3451639
- E email@example.com
- W www.balbycarr.org.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Doncaster
- Pupils: 977
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Inadequate 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Inadequate 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Inadequate 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Inadequate 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Inadequate 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th April 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 14th May 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The school, a county secondary co-educational day school, currently has pupils between the ages of 11-18 who live in Hexthorpe, Balby and Woodfield areas. The school has a comprehensive intake and caters for pupils of all abilities.
The present school opened in 1981 after having been extensively developed. The buildings include a range of teaching rooms; comprehensive Sixth Form facilities, Science Laboratories, Technology areas, Sports Hall and Gymnasium, Music rooms with special practice rooms and a Library complex which includes a work related resource suite. New buildings have been added since 1995 to accommodate the extra pupils coming into the school. These included two Food Technology rooms, three additional Science Laboratories, three Information Technology suites, rooms for Religious Studies, Mathematics, Art, and Modern Foreign Languages, refurbished rooms for Control and Design Technology, re-fitted changing rooms and additional facilities for Physical Education. A further building programme will include additional rooms for Technology and Science and a new general teaching block. Our facilities are now second to none.
A team of teachers has been appointed who are concerned to develop the academic and creative potential of all the pupils. We will endeavour to provide a stimulating atmosphere in which learning can take place. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Balby Carr Community Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.