Barnard Castle School
- Barnard Castle School
- Head: Mr A C Jackson Ba, Ma
- T 01833 690222
- F 01833 638985
- E email@example.com
- W www.barneyschool.org.uk
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 18.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Durham
- Pupils: 688
- Religion: Christian
- Fees: £1,965 - £7,650 per term (£8,670 for International Students)
- Open days: Saturday 3rd October 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
BARNARD Castle School is a happy, thriving HMC day and boarding school. There are 501 pupils in the Senior School, of whom 149 are boarders and enjoy a full boarding programme, rated 'Excellent' by ISI in 2011 (use link above to read the full inspection report). The Preparatory School comprises a Pre-Prep Department for pupils between the ages of 4 and 7 and has 201 pupils between the ages of 7 and 11, of whom 9 are boarders. The Preparatory School is located on an adjacent site and operates separately on a day-to-day basis while enjoying the mutual benefits of extensive modern resources and expertise as well as a diverse, robust curriculum and an outstanding range of extra-curricular activities.
The School is situated in its own extensive grounds on the outskirts of an historic market town, recently noted as being the safest in England, in an area of outstanding beauty. The School is well resourced and enjoys an enviable reputation for its pupils achievements on a broad variety of fronts.
We believe that all our children have something to offer, and we are driven by a desire to find areas where each of them can excel. Every term we offer an extensive programme of over 100 extra-curricular activities to which all members of the Common Room contribute.
The Prep School has benefitted from an extensive development of 3 new classrooms and a science block whilst the Senior School is due to open its new Sixth Form Centre in Autumn 2015. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Barnard Castle School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Classics (General) at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Religious Studies at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
Cambridge Pre-U - an alternative to A levels, with all exams at the end of the two-year course.