- Baycroft School
- Head: Ms Marijke Miles
- T 01329 664151
- F 01329 668601
- E email@example.com
- W www.baycroftschool.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hampshire
- Pupils: 182
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th September 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 10th December 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
School caters for children with special needs classified as MLD.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Baycroft School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Applied Sciences at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Good Schools Guide writes: Baycroft is a large community special school which caters for pupils who have moderate learning difficulties and Autism. There are also a few pupils who have social and emotional difficulties, severe learning difficulties, hearing impairment, visual impairment, and speech and communication difficulties. According to the school's website, they "seek to provide a safe, secure environment and the best possible education for every young person. " Baycroft school will "encourage optimism, a ‘can do’ culture and independence.... will constantly strive to provide challenging, interesting and relevant learning experiences, to set high expectations in all areas of school life and to value everyone’s contribution."
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.