- Beaumont Hill Academy
Salters Lane South
- Head: Mike Butler
- T 01325 254000
- F 01325 254222
- E email@example.com
- W www.edv.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Darlington
- Pupils: 246
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Inadequate 1
- 16-19 study programmes Inadequate 1
- Early years provision Inadequate 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Inadequate 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Inadequate 1
- 1 Full inspection 18th January 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 2nd May 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Beaumont Hill Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Land Based Ops at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 1)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Engineering Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Beaumont Hill School and Technology College is a large generic special school catering for the full age range and the full range of need. There are specific areas of the school designed to meet the very special needs of our children such as a centre for pupils with Social Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, autistic provision and provision for pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties. Staff are trained to a high standard and the school provides an Outreach service for the LEA. All students access a relevant, age appropriate curriculum that equips them for future placements.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Careers intervention used by this School
|Future First||Building an alumni community|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.