- Bellerbys College Brighton
1 Billinton Way
- Head: Mr S C Mower
- T 01273 339200
- F 01273 322313
- E BellerbysEnquiries@studygroup.com
- W www.bellerbys.…llege-brighton
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 13 to 19.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Brighton and Hove
- Pupils: 643
- Religion: None
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Bellerbys College Cambridge, Bellerbys College London, Bellerbys College Oxford
What the school says...
Bellerbys College Brighton is a co-educational, modern boarding school providing international students with a high level of support in an interesting, challenging and rewarding environment. Bellerbys places great emphasis on academic achievement, modern learning techniques, enriched subject appreciation and pastoral care. With over 50 years experience teaching and guiding international students into top UK universities, and with direct links to an enviable list of Russell Group universities, Bellerbys is well-placed to help students develop both academically and personally.
Bellerbys Brighton has received 11 Good School Guides awards in the last three years for GCSEs alone and it is in the top 3% of English schools based on the Department for Education 2013 Performance Tables.
From September 2014 Bellerbys College Brighton opens its GCSE programme to UK-based day pupils aged 13 and over for the very first time. Local students can now benefit from a unique Bellerbys education from the age of 13 through to 18.
According to school principal, Simon Mower, there are four elements at the heart of Bellerbys Colleges approach to education: academic excellence, a strong work ethic, outstanding pastoral care and focused student enrichment. The work ethic at Bellerbys is something Simon believes is amongst the best in the area, pointing out that students who have travelled across the world for an education are highly motivated to succeed, leading to good discipline and an atmosphere geared towards maximising personal potential. By providing a fully integrated learning environment and high quality pastoral care, this culture of hard work can thrive among international and local students alike. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Bellerbys College Brighton
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematics at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematics at an English Independent School (Cambridge International Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Mathematics at an English Independent School (Cambridge Int Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.