- Birkenhead High School Academy
86 Devonshire Place
- Head: Mrs Rebecca Mahony
- T 0151 652 5777
- F 01516 700639
- E AdmissionsSec@birkhs.gdst.net
- W www.birkenhead…s/default.aspx
- A state school for girls aged from 3 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wirral
- Pupils: 1092
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th October 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 3rd February 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Became an Academy in September 2009. A non-fee paying school specialising in maths and music. Senior school admissions: 10% of students selected via aptitude for music. School banded - will admit 20% of students from each of the 5 ability bands.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Birkenhead High School Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking PE / Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.