- Birkenhead High School Academy
86 Devonshire Place
- Head: Mrs Rebecca Mahony
- T 0151 652 5777
- F 01516 700639
- E AdmissionsSec@birkhs.gdst.net
- W www.birkenhead…es/default.aspx
- A state school for girls aged from 3 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wirral
- Pupils: 1092
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th October 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 3rd February 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Became an Academy in September 2009. A non-fee paying school specialising in maths and music. Senior school admissions: 10% of students selected via aptitude for music. School banded - will admit 20% of students from each of the 5 ability bands.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Birkenhead High School Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking PE / Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available