- Head: Mrs Julie Barnes Ba(Hons), Npqh, Med
- T 01204 306043
- F 01204 602328
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.birtenshaw.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Bolton
- Pupils: 48
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 28th June 2017
- 2 Full inspection 20th February 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 13th November 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Birtenshaw
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Birtenshaw Hall is a small, non-maintained day/residential school and Registered Children's Home for children and young people with severe and complex or profound and multiple learning difficulties in conjunction with either physical disablities, autistic spectrum disorder or severe medical conditions. The staff are greatly experienced in working with children and young people with degenerative and exceptional conditions, including life-threatening and life-limiting illnesses. Birtenshaw Hall is a very special place - a place where dedicated staff work in partnership with parents to provide a quality education in a caring, supportive environment.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.