- Bradstow School
34 Dumpton Park Drive
- Head: Mrs Sarah Dunn B.Ed (Hons) NPQH
- T 01843 862123
- F 01843 866648
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.bradstow.w…ndsworth.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Wandsworth
- Pupils: 59
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 28th February 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 19th March 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
School caters for students who are severely disabled with autism and many have challenging behaviour.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Bradstow School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Bradstow School caters for students who are severely disabled with autism and many have challenging behaviour and severe learning difficulties. In 2002, the DfES recognised the school as a Regional Resource for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and challenging behaviour. The school has developed radical approaches to the education, support and management of pupils with challenging behaviour and ASD, that involve ensuring the environment for learning presented to the child is non-threatening and accessible to them at their own level. This approach has been recognised by Ofsted (July 05) as being highly successful, and they report that "Pupils make remarkable progress in the way they overcome communication and social difficulties and so become able to learn." They go on to say that "There are many instances of remarkable change for pupils and students whose severely challenging behaviour meant that other special schools could not accommodate them." This progress was re-enforced by the parents who are reported to be "very pleased with the school and feel very strongly that their children have been able to succeed and learn to communicate and be more sociable than ever before."
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.