Braidwood School for the Deaf
- Braidwood School for the Deaf
- Head: Mrs Karen Saywood
- T 0121 464 5558
- F 01214 645844
- E [email protected]
- W www.braidwood.bham.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: HI - Hearing Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 62
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 4th October 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 9th November 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Braidwood School for the Deaf
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking English Literature at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Special Education Needs
The purpose of Braidwood School is: 'Turning potential into success.' We adopt a child centred approach to the acquisition of good communication skills and believe that the needs of the individual child are paramount. Staff at the school are qualified in using British Sign Language, Signed English and Sign supported English. They also enjoy excellent links with the Speech and Language Service. 'No lesson at Braidwood is a silent lesson!' The school prides itself on always being at the forefront of new initiatives and developments in teaching and learning. Braidwood has a very positve ethos that encourages high achievement and the inclusion of all pupils.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available