- Braidwood School for the Deaf
- Head: Mrs Karen Saywood
- T 0121 464 5558
- F 01214 645844
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.braidwood.bham.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: HI - Hearing Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 62
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 4th October 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 9th November 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Braidwood School for the Deaf
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking English Literature at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Special Education Needs
The purpose of Braidwood School is: 'Turning potential into success.' We adopt a child centred approach to the acquisition of good communication skills and believe that the needs of the individual child are paramount. Staff at the school are qualified in using British Sign Language, Signed English and Sign supported English. They also enjoy excellent links with the Speech and Language Service. 'No lesson at Braidwood is a silent lesson!' The school prides itself on always being at the forefront of new initiatives and developments in teaching and learning. Braidwood has a very positve ethos that encourages high achievement and the inclusion of all pupils.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.