- Breakspeare School
Gallows Hill Lane
- Head: Ms Merja Paakkonen
- T 01923 263645
- F 01923 260 087
- E email@example.com
- W www.breakspeare.herts.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 76
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th February 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 19th October 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Breakspeare School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The good schools guide write: The school caters for pupils with severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs. Those aged 5 to 16 follow the national curriculum. Sensory based teaching is used where needed. PSHE and communication are given high priority, both seen as important in meeting pupil need. Signing and symbols are used throughout the school with some pupils using electronic or computer assisted communication methods; parents are encouraged to participate in sign-along. The school has a range of facilities including a swimming pool and sensory garden. The team includes teachers, teaching assistantsm physio, speech and language and occupational therapists and a movement therapist. The school motto is: 'opportunity with dignity' and has investors in people status.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.