- Brookfields Special School
- Head: Mrs Jane Headland
- T 0118 942 1382
- F 01189 455176
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.brookfieldschool.org
- A special state school for pupils aged from 2 to 19
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: West Berkshire
- Pupils: 230
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 2
- Early years provision Good 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 9th March 2016
- 2 Full inspection 16th September 2010
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th September 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Brookfields Special School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Brookfields is a community special school catering for pupils from two to nineteen years who have severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties including autistic spectrum disorders. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|