- Broomfield South SILC
- Head: Principal John Fryer Doctorate
- T 0113 277 1603
- F 01132 771622
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Leeds
- Pupils: 190
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Early years provision Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 5th November 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 17th October 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Broomfield South SILC
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Broomfield is a Specialist Inclusive Learning Centre (a SILC.) We operate partnerships with mainstream schools, provide outreach support to mainstream schools and advise and support in Early Years Centres. Currently 20% of our pupils, all of whom have a statement of special needs, attend local primary and secondary schools, but are taught and supported by Broomfield staff. This number is planned to rise over time to 50%
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.