- Broomhill Bank School
- Head: Ms Emma Leitch
- T 01892 510440
- F 01892 502460
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.broomhillbank.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Kent
- Pupils: 184
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 7th March 2018
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 4th December 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Comment by the Good Schools Guide: All girls have a statement of special educational needs (moderate learning difficulties (MLD) and associated communication problems; complex needs will be considered. Speech and language, occupational and physio therapies are available).
For girls aged 16+ there is a unit, with courses of between one and three years duration, mainly for girls who are not yet ready for employment or to attend a College of Further Education. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Broomhill Bank School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Broomhill Bank is a community special school for girls from age nine to nineteen. The school caters for day and residential pupils who all have statements of special educational need. The school provides for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and communication difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available