Chelmsford County High School for Girls A GSG School
- Chelmsford County High School for Girls
- Head: Mrs Chapman
- T 01245 352592
- F 01245 345746
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.cchs.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Essex
- Pupils: 893
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Open days: September and October
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th September 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Not a school for girls who can’t keep up with a fast pace of learning – although students insist all personalities fit in, including the very shy. ‘I remember one particular girl who wouldn’t say boo to a goose when she started here – she went onto be a medic at Cambridge and is a great public speaker now. And that’s the thing here – it doesn’t matter if you arrive without confidence because that’s the bit we will transform,’ says head.
What the school says...
A high achieving girls' selective school where students have a great deal of fun while they learn!
Became an academy January 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Latin at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking PE / Sports Studies at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Drama & Theatre Studies at an English Grammar School (GCSE Full Course)
- Best performance by Girls taking Chinese at an English Grammar School (GCSE Full Course)
- Best performance by Girls taking Latin at an English Grammar School (GCSE Full Course)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2007, Mrs Nicole Chapman (50s). Brought up in Burgundy, France, but says she feels 'like a local girl', having relocated to Essex soon after gaining her licence ès lettres (BA honours equivalent) in English with Spanish and French at university in Tours. Further qualifications gained since her time the UK include PGCE, NPQH and MBA (Leicester). She has a son and two stepchildren and joined CCHS after six years as head of a girls' grammar school in Gravesend, Kent – prior to which, she worked at a mixture of challenging and high-achieving grant maintained and foundation schools – both mixed and girls’.
Perspicacious, dedicated and single-minded, she is certainly a safe pair of hands for Chelmsford's stellar girls' grammar and is revered for her tough stance on standards ('Girls here...