- Chelsea Academy
- Head: Mr Matthew Williams
- T 020 7376 3019
- E [email protected]
- W chelsea-academy.org
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kensington & Chelsea
- Pupils: 1057
- Religion: Church of England
- Open days: Please see Academy website for details
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 24th May 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Chelsea Academy is a mixed Church of England Academy near Chelsea Harbour, opened in 2009 in an award-winning new building. Sponsored by the London Diocesan Board for Schools and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, our vision is for a school that serves its local community and has a distinctive Christian ethos. Our SIAMS inspection in 2017 once again judged us to be an outstanding church school.
We have places for 180 students per year group and up to 250 students in the sixth form. 18 places in Year 7 are awarded on the basis of music aptitude. We received almost 900 applications for our Year 7 places commencing in September 2017, and we maintain waiting lists for places in all years 7-11.
Chelsea Academy combines traditional values and the highest standards with an innovative approach to learning and teaching. Students, teachers and associate staff work together to build a community based on mutual respect where students can flourish and develop the personal qualities they need for future success. We want to help develop young people who can make a valuable contribution to society.
In 2012 Ofsted reported that Chelsea Academy is an outstanding Academy. In 2016 we were awarded the World Class School Quality Mark. In 2017 we were in the top 14% of schools in the country for progress and attainment and were awarded three national awards from the SSAT to recognise this. We also hold the prestigious NACE Challenge award for high quality provision for more able students ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chelsea Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Spanish at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Additional Science at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Science (Core) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Science (Core) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available