- Chelsea Academy
- Head: Mr Matthew Williams
- T 020 7376 3019
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W chelsea-academy.org
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kensington & Chelsea
- Pupils: 1085
- Religion: Church of England
- Open days: Please see Academy website for details
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 24th May 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 24th May 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Chelsea Academy is a mixed Church of England Academy near Chelsea Harbour, opened in 2009 in an award-winning new building. Sponsored by the London Diocesan Board for Schools and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, their vision is for a school that serves its local community and has a distinctive Christian ethos.
We have places for 180 students per year group and up to 300 students in the sixth form. 18 places in Year 7 are awarded on the basis of music aptitude. We received over 900 applications for our Year 7 places commencing in September 2016, and we maintain waiting lists for places in all years 7-11.
Chelsea Academy combines traditional values and the highest standards with an innovative approach to learning and teaching. Students, teachers and associate staff work together to build a community based on mutual respect where students can flourish and develop the personal qualities they need for future success. We want to help develop young people who can make a valuable contribution to society.
In 2012 Ofsted and SIAS reported that Chelsea Academy is an outstanding Academy. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chelsea Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Spanish at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Additional Science at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Science (Core) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Science (Core) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Careers intervention used by this School
|Access Aspiration||Sources work placements|