- Chetham's School of Music
- Head: Mr Alun Jones
- T 0161 834 9644
- F 01618 393609
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.chethamssc…olofmusic.com/
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 8 to 19.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Manchester
- Pupils: 299
- Religion: None
- Fees: Day £24,573, Boarding £31,713, Chorister (day) £9,480 pa
- Open days: October and January
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
The thriving creative community at Chetham’s involves up to 300 students aged 8-18, whose common passion is music. Entry to the School is based solely on musical ability and potential, never on background or ability to pay, thanks to generous bursaries through the Government’s Music and Dance Scheme. This common bond of musical passion makes for a truly inspirational place which transforms the lives of all who are part of it.
This magic is the result of many different qualities that permeate the fabric of Chetham’s: the warm and welcoming atmosphere, the daily creative buzz, admirable academic standards, Chetham’s history and heritage, our superb teaching and performance spaces, the city of Manchester as a cosmopolitan location, our many different backgrounds and personalities – and of course, the music. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chetham's School of Music
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Music at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Music at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Music at an English Independent School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Music at an English Independent School (GCSE)
Music and dance scheme - government funding and grants available to help with fees at selected independent music and dance schools.
All-through school (for example 3-18 years). - An all-through school covers junior and senior education. It may start at 3 or 4, or later, and continue through to 16 or 18. Some all-through schools set exams at 11 or 13 that pupils must pass to move on.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.