- Chetwynde School
- Head: Ms Sian Jeffreys
- T 01229 824210
- F 01229 871440
- E email@example.com
- W www.chetwynde.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cumbria
- Pupils: 468
- Religion: None
- Fees: Plans to be free from 2014
- Open days: Twice yearly
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 4th May 2017
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Firm Foundations for life.
At Chetwynde we have a dream: to help you realise your dreams for your children. A good education for your child shouldn't be an impossible dream - and at Chetwynde you could find that it's already within your grasp. Our students make Chetwynde a special place. They aspire to fulfil their dreams, and through them we achieve our dream of providing a distinctive education for distinctive young people. Founded upon Christian values, our school welcomes pupils from all social and cultural backgrounds. Our standards are high and so are the achievements of our pupils, whatever their abilities. We inspire our pupils to do their best and to give their best. We believe every child is special and at Chetwynde we allow them to be just that. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chetwynde School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Geography at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking French at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Biology at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.