- Chetwynde School
- Head: Ms Sian Jeffreys
- T 01229 824210
- F 01229 871440
- E [email protected]
- W www.chetwynde.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cumbria
- Pupils: 468
- Religion: None
- Fees: Plans to be free from 2014
- Open days: Twice yearly
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 4th May 2017
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Firm Foundations for life.
At Chetwynde we have a dream: to help you realise your dreams for your children. A good education for your child shouldn't be an impossible dream - and at Chetwynde you could find that it's already within your grasp. Our students make Chetwynde a special place. They aspire to fulfil their dreams, and through them we achieve our dream of providing a distinctive education for distinctive young people. Founded upon Christian values, our school welcomes pupils from all social and cultural backgrounds. Our standards are high and so are the achievements of our pupils, whatever their abilities. We inspire our pupils to do their best and to give their best. We believe every child is special and at Chetwynde we allow them to be just that. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chetwynde School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Geography at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking French at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Biology at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available