- Christ Church CofE VA Junior School, Sowerby Bridge
- Head: Miss Alison Embleton
- T 01422 832454
- F 01422 831 947
- E head@christchurch….calderdale.sch.uk
- W www.christchur…juniors.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 7 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Calderdale
- Pupils: 115
- Religion: Church of England
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 12th December 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 5th March 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Christ Church CofE VA Junior School, Sowerby Bridge
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
The school is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve to the best of their ability within a secure and caring environment. The Role of parents in this is considered vital. The school has invested recently in training for staff on the identification of children with dyslexia and on suitable provision for them in all classes. The school will be assessed as a dyslexia friendly school during the summer term 2006.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.