- Claremont School
- Head: Mrs Alison Ewins
- T 0117 353 3622
- F 0117 9426 942
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.claremontbristol.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Bristol
- Pupils: 63
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 22nd February 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 8th May 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Claremont School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Claremont School caters for children aged between 2 and 11 years old who have physical impairments and associated difficulties in learning. There are two strands within the school: one for children with Physical Impairments (PI) and one for children with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). Excellent resources and well developed expertise in working with PI and PMLD children ensure efficient and effective practice. In February 2005 Ofsted judged the school as 'Outstanding' and it had no Key Issues for improvement. We also run an effective Outreach Service, which not only supports the transfer of children from Claremont to their local mainstream school, but also supports inclusive activities at the attached mainstream schools.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Who came from where
|Cumnor House Sussex||2017||1||1||Equestrian Scholarship|