- Compass School Southwark
- Head: Ms Lauren Thorpe BSc, MA
- T 020 3542 6506
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.compass-schools.com
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Southwark
- Pupils: 270
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 18th May 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 21st May 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
At the Compass School Southwark, we aim to be one of the best schools in the country, renowned for delivering outstanding academic results and developing world-class aspirations in every pupil, regardless of background or start-point. We believe a child's education must be approached from all sides, engaging with and enhancing all aspects of their lives and in doing so help them to determine their own course, having developed the skills to read the world around them.
Our key characteristics are those of: self belief; high aspirations; academic excellence; a broad and challenging curriculum. These are under-pinned by high quality literacy and numeracy; with a focus on relating learning to the real world and outstanding student support and outstanding curricular and extra-curricular opportunities
We aim to ensure the fulfilment of individual potential, nurturing skills, talents and unique gifts in the pursuit of excellence and instil an ethos of integrity, respect, hard work and high aspirations by delivering a challenging curriculum supported by outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
We want to ensure every student that leaves us is actively engaged in education, employment or training and to develop a love of learning that transcends traditional school boundaries, years and walls, enabling students to become successful in careers that may not as yet exist. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.