Coombe Girls' School A GSG School
- Coombe Girls' School
- Head: Mrs Deborah Walls
- T 020 8942 1242
- F 020 8942 6385
- E email@example.com
- W www.coombegirlsschool.org
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kingston-Upon-Thames
- Pupils: 1364
- Religion: Does not apply
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 16th May 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 29th November 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
School ‘honoured’ that remains hugely oversubscribed – and not hard to see why parents would be bonkers to bust a gut securing place anywhere else if successful here. If daughter has tried out (unsuccessfully) for nearby grammars – and many have - don’t worry, stress parents. The bright flourish here, some reckon more so than they would have done in the febrile atmosphere of ultra-selective alternatives where can take full marks just to get noticed.
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2012
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Latin at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE Short Course)
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2011, Mrs Deborah Walls (40s). As executive principal of Coombe Secondary Schools Academy Trust, also has oversight of Coombe Boys’ and Knollmead, formerly a failing primary school but now undoubtedly destined for far greater things.
Her second time here – after teaching posts at Wallington High School for Girls and Langley Park, did stint in 1996 as head of languages, before being promoted to assistant head, moving back to Wallington as deputy head in 2003 and then closing in on Coombe again when was appointed in same role at boys’ school. ‘When you’ve worked [here] it becomes a part of you,’ she says. ‘It’s more than just a job, it’s part of your life.’
Discerning readers will also have clocked career focus on single sex...
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.