- Crosshill Special School
- Head: Mrs Diane Atkinson
- T 01254 667713
- F 01254 664 449
- E contactcrosshill@…l.blackburn.sch.uk
- W www.crosshillblackburn.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Blackburn with Darwen
- Pupils: 64
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 9th July 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 14th July 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Crosshill Special School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Crosshill School caters for children aged 11-16 with complex learning difficutlties. Many of the children have behaviour difficulties, as well as children on the autistic spectrum and with ADHD. A small number of pupils also have other disabilities including physical, visual and hearing.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.